Bostik has signed up as an official partner of iconic cycling event, the Tour de France. The new sponsorship agreement upgrades the firm’s previous participation as an official supplier in 2015 and 2016 and will run for the next two years. The event will be used as a platform to communicate and promote the Bostik brand to a large global audience.
The 2017 event, the 104th time the race has been held, takes place from 1st-23rd July starting with the Grand Départ from Düsseldorf in Germany. The 3,540 kilometer route across 21 stages will also visit Belgium and Luxembourg. 198 riders from 22 competing teams will encounter some of the most challenging terrain in world cycling before crossing the finish line on the Champs-Élysées in Paris on 23rd July.
The race will be broadcast to an estimated audience of 2 billion TV viewers and 10 to 12 million spectators are expected to line the route. In addition, the Tour de France official website will attract 36 million visitors during the event while an additional 6 million fans will follow the race’s social media accounts.
Using a promotional theme of ‘The Gecko Sticks Everywhere’, the new partnership will leverage:
- Four new Bostik-branded vehicles in the famous ‘Publicity Caravan’ which will precede the peloton on each stage and will distribute over 500,000 gifts and rebate coupons worth a total of €500,000 to spectators
- High brand visibility along the route – particularly in the closing thirty kilometres of each stage
- Branded warning signs on each stage to safeguard riders at dangerous turns
- Branded self-adhesive information guides available to all riders for each stage
- Interactive gaming and online presence on www.letour.com and social media accounts
Confirming the new sponsorship agreement, Bostik Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Vincent Legros said “We are very pleased to reinforce our association with the Tour de France, which remains among the world’s top three most popular sporting events.” He continued, “This new agreement will enable us to both increase our brand visibility and demonstrate our performance over each of the 21 stages.”